Why Bahasa Indonesia?
Bahasa Indonesia is spoken by around 250 million people.
Indonesia has diverse and rich culture: over 400 local languages, more than 500 ethnic groups.
Indonesia has excotic natural landscapes and abundant natural resources providing endless opportunities for business and studies.
Why UNR Language Centre & APBIPA
The Language Centre is under Jagadhita Foundation which runs Ngurah Rai University in Denpasar, Bali.
The Language Centre is professionally managed by Balinese academics having a track record on Indonesian language training programs.
Classrooms are air conditioned supported by helpful staff members.
What are the course components?
1. Indonesian language studies
– Beginner to Advanced Level
– 40 hours of language studies per level
– Customised programs with one-on-one or small group tuition
2. Balinese Cultural components
– Rice-fields trekking
– Cooking Classes
– Batik making
– Balinese painting
– Balinese dance & music
– School visits
– Mini-talks on Bali:
– Role of married women in Bali
– Being a Balinese—what does it mean?
– Subak: Balinese irrigation system
– Balinese inter-caste marriage, etc.
Students have the option of staying in a accommodation of their choice or with a Balinese host family.
What regular courses available?
Do I receive a certificate?
Upon completion of a 40-hour course, students will receive a certificate of completion. Otherwise, they will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
How much is the tuition fee?
1. Regular Classes (individual rate)
– Language studies: -USD 500 (40 hrs)
– Cultural studies – USD250 (20 hours)
– Villa or homestay -USD350 (2 weeks)
2.Small Group Study (min. 10 hours)
– Language studies: USD45 /grp hr
– Cultural studies: USD35/person/min. 4 persons
3. Individualised Program
– Language studies: USD35/hr
– Cultural studies: USD50/person/2 hrs
How do I enroll?
Fill in the Registration Form provided by the Language Centre.
What other services are available?
– Indonesian business internship programs
– ISL/ESL Volunteer Program
– Translation & interpreting services
– Indonesian/Balinese Studies
– Indonesian Cross Cultural Studies
– TIFL Certificates Program Level 1—3 for BIPA teachers.
Do you have anything special?
Ngurah Rai University Language Centre in collaboration with APBIPA Bali is offering Indonesian Language Proficiency Test (UKBIPA) for expatriates intending to work in Indonesia in various businesses.
How do I get more information?
For more information about our programs, please contact visit www.apbipabali.org.
Where are the courses conducted?
All language classes and mini-talks are conducted at Ngurah Rai University Language Centre at Jalan Padma, Penatih in Denpasar. The venue is easily accessible from Ubud, Kuta/Legian /Seminyak and Tabanan by privately organized transport.
Cultural activities are organized within the local community in the vicinity for the empowerment as well as sustainability purposes for the local people.